This article contains the backup policies that are enforced across the platform.
- If a mailbox is deleted from the control panel, a backup will remain on the network for up to 14 days. We are capable of restoring said mailbox to how it was upon deletion. In order to begin the restoration process, a mailbox will need to be created in the control panel exactly as it was prior to the deletion. A request will then need to be sent to the support team to restore the mailbox. This process is done Monday - Friday during standard business hours and can take up to 72 hours to complete and a successful backup is not guaranteed.
- We have a 14 day retention policy for content deleted or removed from within mailbox folders. These items can be restored locally by using the ‘Recover Deleted Items’ option in Outlook or Outlook Web Access. These items are not manually recoverable on the back-end, and can only be retrieved by the end-user application. After the 14 day mark, all retained content is automatically purged from the system and cannot be recovered by our teams. There are no item-level recovery capabilities.
- If mailbox content protection is needed beyond the included 14 day retention, we strongly recommend adding an Archiving service to the customer's account. An Archiving service allows for the retention and protection of all email content for longer periods (typically one, three, five, or seven years) as well as the ability to search, view, and download archived content even if the Exchange server is unavailable.
- Backups of mailbox servers are created daily. These backups are full server snapshots used to restore a server only for Disaster and Recovery purposes only whereas the cause of the problem is rooted in server side complications. These backups can not be used to restore any individual mailbox contents.
- Backups of SharePoint sites are created daily. These backups are used to restore SharePoint sites for Disaster and Recovery purposes only whereas the cause of the problem is rooted in server side complications. Back ups for sites or individual items can not be done otherwise.
- The ‘Restore Deleted Items’ option is not available for Public Folders.
- Backups of Dynamics CRM sites are created daily. These backups are used to restore site for Disaster and Recovery purposes only whereas the cause of the problem is rooted in server side complications.