This article will assist you in configuring your Outlook 2016 client to connect to our Exchange 2013 platform.
Prior to adding a Microsoft Exchange Full Access Connection to Outlook 2016, we recommend installing our Outlook 2016/2019 Autodiscover Patch. This patch is required for Outlook to properly locate the Autodiscover information for a non-Office 365 Exchange account. The patch can be found in the following support article:
Outlook 2016/2019 Autodiscover Patch
Please Note: A properly formatted and accessible Autodiscover DNS record is REQUIRED to configure a Full Access account in Outlook 2016
- Upon opening Outlook 2016 for the first time, you will be prompted to configure a new email account through the Auto Account Setup wizard. You can also add a new account to an existing profile by navigating to the Mail applet in your Windows Control Panel, selecting Email Accounts, and clicking the New button.
- Enter your Name, E-mail Address, and mailbox Password in the appropriate boxes.
- Click the Next button.
- Outlook will search for the Autodiscover server to obtain the account settings.
- A prompt will appear requesting permission to allow the Autodiscover site to configure the account settings. Check the Don't ask me about this website again box and click the Allow button.
- A prompt will appear to enter your password. Enter the mailbox password, check the Remember my credentials box if you would like to save the password, and click OK.
- Once Outlook finishes obtaining and confirming the account settings, click the Finish button.