This article provides the steps for enabling new Microsoft 365 services for a Reseller or Customer account. This article applies to accounts whose domain has not previously been registered with Microsoft 365. If the account's domain already exists in Microsoft 365 and is being transitioned to your Reseller account, please refer to the Transitioning an Existing Microsoft 365 Customer article.
Please note that Microsoft requires validation of the domain assigned to the Microsoft 365 account. Validation is performed via a TXT DNS Record that is sent to the Alternative Contact on the account via Email. We recommend that you have access to the domain hosting provider and are ready to add the needed DNS record before proceeding with these steps.
If you are enabling Office 365 services for a Customer or sub-Reseller, please be sure to log in to that account before proceeding.
- In the Reseller Control Panel, click on The Catalog in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the Activate Product switch on the right-hand side of the Office 365 product bar.
- Click the Let's do this! button in the confirmation window.
- Click the Configure Product button.
- Verify the product configuration data. Please note that the Email address entered will receive an email containing the Domain Validation record information that will be needed to add the required DNS record to the domain. Also note that Office 365 will verify the City, State, ZIP, and Country information to ensure they match, so they will need to entered accurately and spelled correctly. Once the data have been verified, click the Save button.
- After a few minutes, the email address listed in the previous screen will receive an automated email containing the domain validation DNS record information. Here is an example of the email's text, but the specific record value will vary for each account:
If the automated email has not been received after an hour, please check any spam filters to ensure it has not been quarantined. The email can be re-sent by returning to the My Services page in the Control Panel and clicking the resend verification email link. If the automated email fails to arrive even after being re-sent, and has not been quarantined by a spam filter, it may indicate an issue with the domain or with the address information that was entered. Please contact our Support Team for additional assistance.
- Log into your domain's hosting provider and create a new TXT DNS record as described in the automated email. You may need to contact the domain's provider for assistance in creating a record in their system.
- Once the new DNS record has been added and propagated (this may take anywhere from a couple minutes to a couple hours, depending on the provider), return to the My Services page in the Control Panel.
- Click the Verify Domain button to complete the domain validation process.
- The validation process can take up to 5 minutes depending on the network load at Office 365. After a few minutes, refresh My Services page. When the validation has successfully completed, the My Services page will show the list of users and available Office 365 services.