Before a user can begin receiving Email, they will need to be created within the Administrative Control Panel and enabled with Exchange services. There are three Email Account types a user can be configured with POP3, Web Access and Full Access. As the reseller you can create a new user and assign exchange services on behalf of your customer.
configure these Email Account types
3. Once logged in as the customer, click on Create New User under My users.
You will need to fill in all of the required fields in order to create a new user. Those fields are:
- Display Name
- User Principal name and Domain selection
- Re-Type Password
- Welcome Letter Email
* This section also contains an additional option, allowing the newly created user Admin privileges. Standard users will have no access to the control panel beyond there own personal information where as Administrators will have full access to all features.
4. Click Next to proceed. The User Details Step 2 page is all of the personal information for this user. These fields can be populated at any time. Click Next to finalize the user by clicking Create New user.
5. With the user created, it's time to assign Microsoft Exchange service to them. In order to do this, the desired mailbox license type must be available. To purchase a new license type, select Hosted Services under My Catalogue.
6. Within the Hosted Services screen, expand the Microsoft Exchange 2013 band to reveal the available mailbox license types. Choose the desired license type and click select Review Order to complete the license purchase.
- Full Access. This is the Microsoft Exchange Full Access mailbox. The user will have access to their data in real time via a full exchange connection or via the web. With Outlook anywhere they can configure any Email program as long a there is internet access as well as configure any ActiveSync using mobile device.
- Web Access. This mailbox type contains standard POP and IMAP account configuration options as well as allowing the user to access their mailbox via a web browser. IMAP allows for the synchronization of folders and sub folders while keeping email data on the server and not just to a local configured email program.
- POP3 Access. This is the most basic of mailbox types that will allow the user to only pull there emails to any configured email program.
7. With the license purchase, you can now assign that license to the user created in the steps above. Navigate back to the User List and select the user and click Edit User. Select the Microsoft Exchange tab and move the Microsoft Exchange Service to the On Position.
8. Upon setting the slider to the on position, you are then presented with a mailbox type drop-down. Choose the recently purchased license and press the Enable Exchange Service button to apply the license and complete the creation of the user with exchange services.
*Note that it an take several minutes for the license to apply correctly.