How to create a discussion board. A discussion board is a great place to post news or other important updates.
1. You will need to start by navigating to your SharePoint URL. (team.website.com) Followed by logging into your SharePoint site with the administrative credentials.
2. In the upper LEFT hand side click on Site Actions, then click on More Options.
3. On the Create Page, click Discussion Board, this is found under Communication.
4. In the Name box, type a name for the discussion board. (This field is required.)
5. In the Description box, type a description of the purpose of the discussion board. (This field is optional.)
6. In the Navigation section, if you want a hyperlink to this discussion board to appear on the Quick Launch bar, click Yes.
7. Click Create.
NOTE: You can open the new discussion board by clicking Site Actions, and then View All Content, or if you chose to add the discussion board to the Quick Launch bar, you can also click the discussion board name there to open it.