This article provides the details for configuring the SDO Workstation Authentication App and installing it on Windows-based workstations.
Authentication Installer Download
Download the latest version of the Authentication App Installer using the link below. You will need to download the full contents of the MSI Updater folder, as well as the Octopus Authentication for Windows file that corresponds with the type of Windows you use (32bit or 64bit).
Configuring the Octopus Authentication Installer
- In the Control Panel, click on My Services from the left-hand menu.
- Click on the Secret Double Octopus vendor band to expand it.
- Under the expanded vendor band, click on the Services tab.
- Click on the Edit button for Workstations.
- Click the Service Metadata tab.
- Click the Download XML File button. Save the XML file to the same location where you saved the MSI Updater and Octopus Authentication for Windows files.
- Install the Octopus MSI Updater on the system on which you will be building the MSI installer.
- Launch the Octopus MSIUpdater software (shown as MSIUpdater in the installed programs list)
- In the Target File section, click the Browse button and select the Octopus Authentication For Windows 64bit.msi OR Octopus Authentication For Windows 32bit.msi that you downloaded previously.
- Beneath the Parameters section, click Load from XML, and browse to the XML file that you downloaded in Step 6.
- Select the Authenticator used by your organization from the Authenticators list. Most organizations will use the Octopus App.
- Click Next
- In the Settings page, select the following options:
Default Credential Provider
Use Last User Name
Local User Support (if you are not using External AD Authentication through SDO)
- Click Next
- OPTIONAL To use your own custom logo on the workstation login screen, click the Browse button beneath Organization Logo and browse to a bmp file of your custom logo image.
- Click Next
- Click Apply. Please note that the errors shown on this page are normal and expected, as the MSI Updater will test a number of settings and scenarios that do not apply for the Authentication app.
- The updated MSI file will be saved in the same directory that contains the msi installer that was selected as the target file. The file is automatically date and time stamped with the creation information and will look something like this:
The Octopus Application Installer is now ready to install on your workstations. You can rename this file as desired, and distribute it to your workstations via a shared network drive, USB flash drive, or any other file transfer method.
Installing the Authentication App on Workstations
The Octopus Authentication Installer requires an update to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. If it has not already been installed on your workstation, it can be downloaded from Microsoft using the following link. Please ensure the update is installed on any Windows-based workstations that will authenticate with SDO prior to running the Octopus Authentication installer.
To install the Octopus Authentication app on a workstation, use the following steps:
- Right-click the Windows Start Menu button.
- Click Windows PowerShell (Admin)
- In the PowerShell window, navigate to the location of the Octopus Authentication installer.
- Enter the name of the installer file and hit Enter to launch the installer.
Note: As a shortcut, you can type .\ plus the first few letters of the installer file, and then hit the Tab key on your keyboard to auto-fill the rest of the filename.
- Complete the installation of the Octopus Authentication app using the wizard.
- Once the installation is complete, we recommend rebooting the workstation.
The workstation is now set up to allow authentication via SDO. When accessing the workstation, users will see the following Login screen:
Users should enter their local username in the "User Name" field. This field should also match the Alias that was entered in the Workstation Users tab of the Control Panel. Users should enter their Control Panel/SDO username (typically their email address) in the "Account" field.