Unlike previous versions of Webroot software, Webroot SecureAnywhere automatically downloads and installs all updates by default. When we release the version update, it is load balanced across our global user base and can take up to 72 hours to apply to all Endpoints
Each time you run a scan, your Webroot communicates with our cloud and download and applies any new determinations or updates to your machine. As long as your computer is connected to the internet, your protection is always current, as SecureAnywhere handles updates as soon as they become available.
Note: For more information, see the Advanced Commands table in Issuing Commands to Endpoints.
To download and force an update:
- Log in to Endpoint Protection.
- Click the Group Management tab.
- In the Groups Pane on the left, select All Endpoints, then in the right pane, select one or more endpoints.
The menu bar displays the Agent Commands button.
- From the Agents Command drop-down menu, select Advanced > Run Customer Support Script.
- In the URL field, enter the following URL:
Note: You can also use the URL to download the installer locally on the endpoint, then run it manually.
- Follow the download wizard to install the latest updates.