This article will assist you in configuring your Outlook 2016 client to connect to the Office 365 platform.
Please Note: A properly formatted and accessible Autodiscover DNS record is REQUIRED to configure a Full Access account in Outlook 2016
- Upon opening Outlook 2016 for the first time, you will be prompted to configure a new email account through the Auto Account Setup wizard. If you are changing hosts or performing a fresh re-configuration, you will want to do so by creating a new Outlook profile, as follows:
- Open Windows Settings by clicking the Start Menu and then clicking the Settings button just above the Start Menu.
- In the Find a setting search box, enter "Control Panel" and then click on the Control Panel result that pops up.
- In the Search Control Panel box in the top-right corner of the window, enter "Mail" and then click on the Mail result that appears.
- Click the Show Profiles button
- Click the Add button.
- Enter a name for the new profile and click the OK button.
- Follow the steps below to set up the email account in the new profile. Once the steps below have been completed, you will be returned to the Profiles window. Under the bottom section that states When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile:, open the drop-down menu and select the profile name you just created.
- Enter your Name, E-mail Address, and mailbox Password in the appropriate boxes.
- Click the Next button.
- Outlook will search for the Autodiscover server to obtain the account settings.
- You may receive a prompt requesting permission to allow the Autodiscover site to configure the account settings. If so, check the Don't ask me about this website again box and click the Allow button.
- A prompt will appear to enter your password. Enter the mailbox password, check the Remember my credentials box if you would like to save the password, and click OK.
- Once Outlook finishes obtaining and confirming the account settings, click the Finish button.